[DeTomaso] Clutch Slave Bleeder

Mike Reilly reillyms at live.com
Sun Jun 30 10:45:12 EDT 2024

Last year when I was replacing my clutch master and slave I went through similar poor-quality control with vendor purchases.  I eventually had my original cylinders rebuilt by White Post restorations and all is well.  The cost was not much more than the repro crap being sold.
If you have trouble bleeding your clutch slave cylinder as I recently had, this may save you some time and aggravation.  It seemed like I couldn’t get fluid to the slave. I started at the master working my way back looking for the problem. I then removed the bleeder and confirmed fluid in the cylinder. I happened to look at the bleeder and saw that there was no hole drilled for air or fluid to pass thru. Just the hold in the end. Well that’s a new one for me. This was a new slave from a vendor. They may or may not have the same source. Hope this helps.
Michael[image0.jpeg]

Sent from my iPhone