[DeTomaso] Console AC Anti-Icing Switch

Doug Braun doug351c at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 15:28:31 EDT 2024

All,

There are 3 wires going to the AC On/Off switch and Temperature Control on
the console.

Brown (from fuse 10), W/BK (AC clutch relay) and B/BK (condenser fan relay).

The full car wiring diagram calls this switch the “Anti-Icing Switch”.

SO Bill’s diagram labels one half of the switch (“Icing” Switch 1) and the
other half the (AC On Switch 2).

One would assume then that the brown wire goes to the 1/4 “ tab that is
partially shrouded by the black side cover.

And that the other two 1/4 “ tabs marked “1” and “2” on the switch
correspond to SO Bill’s “switch 1” and “switch 2” designations.

My  problem with all of this is that I believe SO Bill’s switch numbers may
be wrong.

I tested my switch with an Ohm-meter and an ice bath yesterday.

When I connected my meter between the black end cap terminal and the ¼” tab
labeled “1” on the switch, the continuity remained constant regardless of
whether the probe was in or out of the ice bath.

When I tried the same test with my meter between the black end cap terminal
and the ¼” tab labeled “2`” on the switch, I got continuity with the probe
out of the ice bath and an open circuit with it in the ice bath.  But this
is the action I would expect from SO Bill’s switch #1.

Has anyone else ever tested this?

Doug Braun

Soon to be Blue again 73L #5505