[DeTomaso] Anyone used ARP bell housing studs?

B Hower b.hower3400 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 27 08:11:24 EDT 2024

 I use the Drew approach in number of places and cut a slot in tapered end so a screw driver can be used for removal.

    On Friday, July 26, 2024 at 09:04:53 PM CDT, Mike Drew via DeTomaso <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:

 Ken,

I got long bolts (8 inches) of the appropriate size, cut the heads off and ground them to a point. Thread them in and they become locating pins. It’s super easy to slide the gearbox into place. Then bolt the remaining holes, remove the pins and fit the final two bolts.

Did I remember to bring this with me when I helped install a ZF a few weeks ago?  No, I did not. Would it have made life MUCH easier?  Yes it would!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone