[DeTomaso] NPC If you get scammed on ebay

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 7 11:31:28 EDT 2024

Bought some tools on ebay that looked too good to be true, relying on the ebay buyer's protection, ordered the tools.  Never got the tools, ebay said to file a claim through paypal which I did.  Ebay sent paypal tracking info that showed the tools delivered so paypay refused my claim.  The shipping was USPS. I went to a local post office and they ran detailed tracking for the tracking number ebay showed, and it was to a different Whittier address and weighted 3 ounces, the tools would have probably been over 10 pounds.  Never found a way to report this to ebay, but called paypal and was emailed a link to upload the detailed tracking info.  I have no idea how a fraudulent seller found an UPSP tracking number to a delivery to Whittier, maybe they mailed something just to set the tracking number, or?  I'll never trust ebay again.