[DeTomaso] NPC If you get scammed on ebay

Peter Menyhart PMenyhart at msn.com
Sun Jul 7 12:31:25 EDT 2024

Yeah thats the trick they use.They send an envelope with some crap—a paper mask,or some other trinket and get a tracking number for the package.When you get the package you most likely think it is some stupid promotion and throw it away.Then exactly what you describe happens.You file a claim and ebay shows tracking and its delivered.best thing to do is to take a screenshot of any posting that you order and then you can make the claim to ebay easier-0-and yeah the weight of the package will prove that it was not what you ordered because it is way too light.I had to go through that once and eventually I got the refund because it was clear that the little weight could not have been a sewing machine...​good luck
Bought some tools on ebay that looked too good to be true, relying on the ebay buyer's protection, ordered the tools.  Never got the tools, ebay said to file a claim through paypal which I did.  Ebay sent paypal tracking info that showed the tools delivered so paypay refused my claim.  The shipping was USPS. I went to a local post office and they ran detailed tracking for the tracking number ebay showed, and it was to a different Whittier address and weighted 3 ounces, the tools would have probably been over 10 pounds.  Never found a way to report this to ebay, but called paypal and was emailed a link to upload the detailed tracking info.  I have no idea how a fraudulent seller found an UPSP tracking number to a delivery to Whittier, maybe they mailed something just to set the tracking number, or?  I'll never trust ebay again.

   er.detomasolist.com%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fdetomaso&data=05%7C02%7C%7C3
   4097f43e6ef45b0b32b08dc9e99e477%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%
   7C0%7C638559631012637979%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLC
   JQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C0%7C%7C%7C&sdata=aoLXuYJ
   DBr4dS%2FZQk%2BCobuWl1gZhYcfAI0jySJMUuwM%3D&reserved=0
   use the links above.