[DeTomaso] NPC but interesting, huge lithium deposit found in US

Don Thomas dtpantera at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 16:58:24 EDT 2024

How Sodium-Ion Batteries May Challenge Lithium
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQE56ksVBB4

-dt

On Sat, Jul 6, 2024 at 12:44 PM Ken Green via DeTomaso <

> Julian,
>
>     Is this the "solid state" you are referring to:
>

> https://interestingengineering.com/innovation/worlds-1st-anode-free-solid-state-battery
>
> Interesting, I hope someone in the US gets the patents and doesn't sell to
> China.
>
> Ken
>

> On Saturday, July 6, 2024 at 09:46:41 AM PDT, Julian Kift <
> julian_kift at hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>   Ken,
>
>   Lithium is a very abundant element, mostly recovered from brines e.g.
>   the Salton Sea in CA is a large sources, Chile & Argentina also have
>   large reserves. But Lithium is only a small percentage of current
>   battery chemistry and Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP) batteries are not
>   economically recyclable yet as a regenerative source of lithium.
>
>   The big battery manufacturers are all partnered with US OEM's and
>   setting up production in the US with government funding. However, the
>   EPA has such stringent conditions on handling mixed metal oxides, most
>   of the recyclable materials will likely be forced back off shore for
>   processing, thereby creating a constant reliance on other countries for
>   battery materials.
>
>   I do believe current battery chemistry will change to solid state and
>   lithium will likely become redundant.
>
>   Julian
>     __________________________________________________________________

-------------- next part --------------
How Sodium-Ion Batteries May Challenge Lithium

   [1]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQE56ksVBB4
   -dt

   On Sat, Jul 6, 2024 at 12:44a-PM Ken Green via DeTomaso

     Julian,
     A A A  Is this the "solid state" you are referring to:
     [3]https://interestingengineering.com/innovation/worlds-1st-anode-fr
     ee-solid-state-battery
     Interesting, I hope someone in the US gets the patents and doesn't
     sell to China.A
     Ken
     A A
     On Saturday, July 6, 2024 at 09:46:41 AM PDT, Julian Kift