[DeTomaso] Help!-Car stumbles, power loss---occasionally!

Panteratime panteratime at aol.com
Wed May 17 21:14:52 EDT 2023

Update on car stumble issueBefore I tried to change the hard to reach gas filter, I changed my air filter.  It was discolored but not dirty with no crap in the folds of the filter.   With the air cleaners Hillborn style scoop cover off, I took car for a ride.   Ran great!  Caveat--It was very cool 65 out not 85 like the day I was having issues.   I also taped the carb float bowls with ratchet handle recommended by someone on the forum.   (Stuck float)  Could a dirty air filter make the car run hot and stumble when accelerating?   Cause the idle to increase?   Car runs great, I hope it runs this good when its 85 again!  Thoughts?    Thanks