[DeTomaso] 6328 Resto - Question #47 > White Rubber Grommet on Manual Headlight Knob

Mike & Elizabeth mbefthomas2 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 13:39:21 EDT 2023

Here’s an odd one for you.  Amongst the parts for my headlight motor
assembly is a white rubber grommet that, when I took things apart, was just
floating on the shaft for the knob to manually raise/lower the headlights.
It had apparently worked its’ way out of the hole in the mounting plate at
some time prior to my taking the car apart.

The thing is extremely dried and crusty, and at first I thought it was a
regular black rubber grommet just caked with some sort of schmutz.  However,
when I cut through it, it’s white rubber.  Looks like a standard size
grommet with a 1” OD at the channel and ¾” ID, but I’m curious if the white
rubber is/was spec’d for a particular reason that one of you may be aware
of.

Thanks.  Catching up while waiting for the refrigerator repair guy to show
up.

Mike Thomas