[DeTomaso] Current Recommendations on Carbs

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 16:04:20 EDT 2023

Lots of people recommend Larry Stock, so you can't go wrong there.

I am very happy with my Holley Ultra HP 750.  This is not the old die cast 750 DP.  It's like engine porn - all aluminum, very smooth operation, billet metering blocks, dominator fuel bowls, etc.  It doesn't have ported vacuum, though, so if you run a vacuum advance distributor, this is not the carb for you.

If you need ported vacuum, try a Holley Street HP 750.  It has ported vacuum, but no choke horn - which is only required for wimps anyway.

On 4/4/23, 10:40 PM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Mike Drew via DeTomaso" <detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com <mailto:detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com> on behalf of detomaso at server.detomasolist.com <mailto:detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>> wrote:

I second Perry’s recommendation. I ran one of Larry’s 700 double pumper carbs on my Pantera for years, then had it punched out by his supplier to 750 when my motor grew to 408 inches. I got another one of Larry’s 700 DP carbs for my ‘66 Shelby GT350 clone (with a 331 stroker) and it works fantastic there too.

Tuned properly, a double pumper is just as economical as a vacuum secondary carb. But it’s so much more responsive….

Mike

Sent from my iPhone