[DeTomaso] Current Recommendations on Carbs

Pat Lee patrick.q.lee at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 13:47:28 EDT 2023

I ran with a Holley 735cfm for several years on the 351 and the 393
stroker, always had idle issues and bogging issues at low rpm. (I think
the carb was just faulty, even though I rebuilt the secondaries, tried
rejetting etc.)
Eventually switched to a Quick Fuel 750 vacuum and the car idles at 650 rpm
even with a higher duration/higher lift camshaft and is
responsive instantly at any rpm.
It was great right out of the box and I just adjusted the secondary vacuum
so they would come on easier.........