[DeTomaso] harmonic balacners

Mike Drew mikeldrew at aol.com
Sun Sep 25 16:51:21 EDT 2022

Steven,

Dan Jones recommended the Pioneer/Powerbond dampers, which are made in Australia. The same company make both and the respective models are identical, but one brand Carries a higher price for no good reason.

Here are the Powerbond offerings:

https://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/powerbond/part-type/harmonic-balancers/make/ford/engine-size/5-8l-351/engine-family/ford-cleveland

And Pioneer:

https://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/pioneer-automotive/part-type/harmonic-balancers/make/ford/engine-size/5-8l-351/engine-family/ford-cleveland

Powerbond is obviously the way to go here. Your anticipated usage case will dictate which of the three models you get.

Although I’m unclear what exactly the problem is with your existing damper? Is it just scratched from a misaligned pointer? If so you should be able to mark it with a sharpie, or use timing tape:

https://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/timing-tape

Measure the diameter of your damper, then affix the tape associated with that size, and you’re good to go!

Mike

Sent from my iPad