[DeTomaso] Passenger Door Limit/Detent Links

Erik Kolstoe ekolstoe at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 18:29:15 EDT 2022

Fred,

On my car, both the passenger and the driver door lower hinges were
completely clapped out. What eventually happened is that by not having the
detent actually do its job and hold the door, it allowed the door to open
more than what is normal and past the normal hold position and the leading
edge of the door connected with the inside A pillar near the fender,
cracking the paint on the leading edge of the door. I ended up buying two
new hinges from Wilkson and had a body shop paint and install them.

I would take care of them as soon as you can. I don't know of any place
that you could just buy and replace the damaged parts.

Best regards,

Erik