[DeTomaso] Tesla 3

Dave Londry davel at trguys.com
Mon Sep 5 16:01:17 EDT 2022

I guess I might as well stick my head in this can of worms.

- 3 years / 50K miles
- no recalls
- no service required and no anxiety
- no extra charges of any kind
   (My Lexus-owning neighbours are forever walking around mumbling after
they take their vehicles in for a regular free inspection.)
- no change in battery range over 3 years. (Which is impossible - it
means they had a lot of undeclared range when shipped)
- drives very like the E36 BMW I once had. Heavier, but lower CG.
- my local price for 91 octane is $6.60. I see California state average
today is $5.61.
- EPA MPGe = 126 highway, and  **136** city
- happy wife = priceless

I admit all the following.
- I live in  hydro-electric-only area. British Columbia.
- They are annoyingly fast. My wife's will beat any of my vehicles to
150 mph.
- Elon is annoyingly weird, but he gets things done. Have you noticed
NASA - Boeing lately?
- Running the car at speed over anything like a high concrete curb is a
bad, bad idea.

--
Dave Londry
TRGuys.com