[DeTomaso] Daytona Update

Jack Dunn po917k at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 5 17:48:06 EDT 2022

Hi Steve,
For 13yrs, I raced my Shelby Can Am at all the major east coast tracks in SCCA and HSR. Our shop was located in Port Orange, so I know the Daytona track very well.
The banking is cool, and it's thrilling to blast through the tri-oval. OTOH, Daytona is the only track where I ever blew an engine, despite the SCA having a well set up dry sump system. And it's the only track where I had a race tire go down. Being Daytona, both events happened at max speed and rpms. Luckily, I didn't hit anything in either situation.
So stay safe, and thank you for stepping up to run your Pantera at Daytona.
Jack