[DeTomaso] Source for electric speedo sender for the ZF?

David Nunn dnunn at telus.net
Wed Jun 15 12:48:17 EDT 2022

I had my OEM Veglia speedo converted to electric operation by North
Hollywood Speedometer. All they do is take the electric drive motor out of
an electric speedo and attach it to the main drive shaft of the OEM speedo.
It all fits within the OEM speedo case. The only clue that it's now an
electric speedo is the pigtail hanging out of it! The electric motor now
turns the speedo instead of a cable. The odometer and trip odometer are
untouched and work as before. I used the motor from an Si speedo but any
electric speedo motor will work. I suppose you could even use an Autometer
stepper-motor speedo's electric motor. I use an Autometer GPS sending unit
too. It works perfectly with my Si speedo motor. The beauty of a GPS sending
unit is, it's very easy to calibrate and is accurate to 1 metre.
Since I no longer needed a speedo cable, I purchased a VSS from Milwaukee
Speedometer Service to replace the angle drive on my ZF. The VSS supplies
the signals for my EZ Electric power steering and fuel injection ECU.

Dave