[DeTomaso] Holley Carb Air Cleaner Stud Hole Thread Repair

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Wed Jul 27 00:27:54 EDT 2022

Hi Doug,
As I recall, the stud is threaded into the body of the carb, not the air horn.  Are you looking at the correct item for possible helicoil?  I would think (without having one here to look at currently) there should be enough metal there (in the body) to support a helicoil.

Just my four cents (adjusted for inflation)
Asa  Jay

Sent via radio waves