[DeTomaso] Installing 3-bolt Aerostar motors using Mike Dailey's 4-bolt install plan - questions

Mike & Elizabeth mbefthomas2 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 19:34:19 EDT 2022

Has anyone out there used Mike Dailey's installation guide on his website
for the 4-bolt Aerostar motors to install a set of the 3-bolt motors?

I've ordered and received a pair of 3-bolt motors from Autozone.  Reason I
ask is that the one bolt hole that his instructions say to use as the guide,
the #2 bolt at the top of the gear housing, is the one missing from the
3-bolt motor.  Also, his plan does not utilize the #4 bolt, the one at the
bottom closest to the drive shaft from the motor, since it has three others.
In the 3-bolt install, I'll have to spec out where to drill for the #4 bolt
as I doubt 2 bolts would be sufficient to secure the motor/drive gear
assembly.

I think I can make it happen but would appreciate any first-hand experience
here.

Thanks

Mike Thomas

6328