[DeTomaso] REPLACMENT CARB ?

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 15:29:18 EST 2022

That Summit Racing M2008 series carburetor actually looks like it's modeled after the old Autolite 4100, and possibly cross-bred with the Holley 4160/1850 series carburetors.  Those old Autolite's were great carburetors!

--- original message ---About 18 months ago I replace my older, leaking Holley 600 with this Summit Carb (Summit Racing SUM-M08600VS Summit Racing™ M2008 Series Carburetors | Summit Racing<https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-M08600VS>)  I was really impressed with carb and how my car performed (seat of pants measurement) after I installed it.  I’ve had the Edelbrock Performer on my Pantera for nearly 30 years now and love it.  My engine is all stock otherwise.  Well, electronic ignition of course : )  Overall, the Summit carb has been really great for me.  I had done a little research and liked that this carb had a solid base that was better from a leak perspective and from what I understood modeled after an older Holley carb model.  This all fits under a stock air cleaner and engine screen as well.  Mike R.