[DeTomaso] REPLACMENT CARB ?

Larry Weston lplugw at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 25 20:01:50 EST 2022

Don’t forget that Ian, who started this thread, wants to maintain a stock appearance on his stock engine, but ditch the 4300.
A Spreadbore to squarebore spacer will raise the carb and cause interference at the air cleaner and engine screen.
A 1974 air filter housing base won’t fit over a center hung Holley. It interferes at the float adjustment screws. So, the answer might be a 4160 side hung Holley on a painted Edelbrock Performer, no?
Still, a little tickle related to throttle cable linkage will remain.
Or luck might turn up a Ford air cleaner base that does fit a center hung Holley, a bit rare nowadays though.

Sent from my iPhone