[DeTomaso] Fw: Zf Identification

L GRAY tipo874a at msn.com
Fri Jan 7 15:17:43 EST 2022

     Les Gray here. If this box has an aluminum tail cover in it it is probably a dash “0” case. Every dash “1” gearbox I have overhauled ( including a lot of original GT 40 race boxes ) all have the cast steel tail cover to handle all of the thrust loads generated by the higher torque of power plants used after the high rpm / low torque small blocks. Many of those alloy tail covers failed in use.
    The dash “0” internals are a bunch shorter and smaller in size than a dash “1” or “2” transaxle.  Your picture did not come through to me on your first post.
    If you could resend it to me either email: tipo874a at msn.com or text at
480.287.3967 (USA) I could tell you in an instant what your guy is selling.
   Good luck !!
        Best regards,
              Leslie A. Gray