[DeTomaso] NPT Which Front Wheel Bearing???

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Thu Jan 6 22:00:56 EST 2022

Could be front, could be rear.  Nowdays these kinds of things can
transmit far from where they are, but not always.

I recently had what I thought was a front wheel bearing going bad but
had a terrible time finding it until a friend recommended I do the
following.  For the front wheels, he said jack it up so each front wheel
is free and hanging from the suspension.  Grab the coil spring and spin
the wheel.  Whichever spring feels like it's vibrating, that's the
bearing to change.

And I'll be darned, it worked.  I could not feel any roughness when
turning the wheel or carefully feeling the hub, but by lightly holding
the coil spring, BINGO!  I changed that bearing and all was good, no
more vibration or weird hum.s  This was on a front wheel drive car too,
so it could have been the CVs, but they were pretty new and the problem
did not change much in corners.

Your mileage may vary.
Asa  Jay

Asa Jay Laughton - W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
Spokane County ARES-RACES-ACS EC/RO
https://w7tsc.org
https://www.teampanteraracing.com