[DeTomaso] Stainless trim

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 12:30:46 EST 2022

Hi Rich,
As others have already said, it depends on what you're doing with the rest of the car.  If it's purely a cost issue, stay with the stainless. It will look better, be more original, cost less, and be easier to maintain in the long run.  There's no need to buff it.  Actually, it should NOT be buffed to a chrome-like finish.  You could rub/polish it with 00-steel wool to clean it up and maintain an original appearance.  It will only cost you some elbow-grease.

--- Original Message ---I am trying to decide whether to have the trim on my daughters car
   buffed or made black.
   Was the trim shiny buffed or just stainless looking?
   What do I tell the buffing guy so they are correct?
   They want a lot of money to buff them and it would be less to powder
   coat.
   In today's world which is best buff or black?
   Rich