[DeTomaso] Stainless trim

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 12:18:31 EST 2022

My stainless never looked polished, even brand new. Looks purpose-built to
me. And it is worry and maintenance free.

Jeff
6559

On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 11:00 AM Corey Price <coreyjprice at gmail.com> wrote:

>    Rich,
>    I went thru the same thought process and agonized over painting my trim
>    black or leaving it polished. I have a very blue metallic and with the
>    wheel choice & color choice, the stainless trim would have overpowered
>    the paint. So, I painted my trim black. I would have left my trim
>    stainless for ease of upkeep, if it worked with my colors. It's hard to
>    get paint to stick; most end up powdercoating their trim to help it
>    stick. I repainted my trim twice (off the car) before I found a paint
>    and technique that would keep the paint from flaking off or easily
>    scratched. Even now, I know it's the most sensitive part of the car to
>    scratches.
>    I would say it entirely depends on the color of the car, the wheel
>    color, etc. There's nothing wrong with stainless steel trim. The
>    factory did both as we all know.
>    Corey
>
>    On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 9:11 AM Rich Hoppe <[1]richbhoppe at gmail.com>
>    wrote:
>
>      A  A I am trying to decide whether to have the trim on my daughters
>      car
>      A  A buffed or made black.
>      A  A Was the trim shiny buffed or just stainless looking?
>      A  A What do I tell the buffing guy so they are correct?
>      A  A They want a lot of money to buff them and it would be less to
>      powder
>      A  A coat.
>      A  A In today's world which is best buff or black?
>      A  A Rich
>      etc.) use the links above.
>      Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward
>      any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of
>      the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an
>      archive or approve the archiving of list messages.
>
> References
>
>    1. mailto:richbhoppe at gmail.com
>    2. mailto:DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com

> the links above.

> the archiving of list messages.
   My stainless never looked polished, even brand new. Looks purpose-built
   to me. And it is worry and maintenance free.A

   Jeff

   6559

   On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 11:00 AM Corey Price <[1]coreyjprice at gmail.com>