[DeTomaso] Decklid Corner Bumpers

John Taphorn johnftaphorn at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 22:29:06 EDT 2022

First time that I have heard this point of view. That the chassis deflects
into the decklid.  I guess the Ford engineers had it wrong when they
devised the new latch configured to reduce side to side movement of the
decklid.  Who knew, I guess they didn't.

I have seen owners pin the decklid to the chassis andI believe it has been
an effective approach. as well.  That solution is addressing decklid flex.

Still learning about  these cars

JT

On Sun, Aug 28, 2022 at 4:55 PM Larry Stock <larrys at panteraparts.com> wrote:

> You with that brace system you will have no worries of Deck Lid side to
> side contact with the rear quarters. With ground effects I was pulling over
> 2G's with a new paint job with no paint nicks.
> Larry
>
> On 8/28/22, 12:12 PM, "Mike & Elizabeth" <mbefthomas2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     I have both pieces of your frame stiffening kit ready to install on
> the car when it goes back together (front nut plates are welded in).
> Thanks Larry

   First time that I have heard this point of view. That the chassis
   deflects into the decklid.A  I guess the Ford engineers had it wrong
   when they devised the new latch configured to reduce side to side
   movement of the decklid.A  Who knew, I guess they didn't.
   I haveA seen owners pin the decklid to the chassis andI believe it has
   been an effective approach. as well.A  That solution is addressing
   decklid flex.
   Still learning aboutA  these cars