[DeTomaso] Not Pantera car question

byrdjf at embarqmail.com byrdjf at embarqmail.com
Tue Apr 19 21:26:14 EDT 2022

I'm tinkering with a '73 TR6.

I thought it might be vapor lock problems but I'm now thinking it might be
with the mechanical fuel pump.   Tested the pump by running starter (no
coil) and had 6 psig and spurted fuel.
The mechanical fuel pump is below fuel tank.   It has a see thru filter just
below the pump inlet in a near vertical position.  What concerns me is that
after driving a few minutes the filter is nearly empty.   The engine
sputters with throttle and will not restart when turned off.

Could it be something with the fuel pump's relief or maybe restriction in
the tank supply line?