[DeTomaso] Update from Portland Race

Steve Lisa stevelisa at patentit.com
Thu Sep 16 20:18:13 EDT 2021

I am anxious to see what happened to ours.  I will update as soon as we
find out, with pics.

Regards,

Steven G. Lisa, Esq.
The Law Offices of Lisa & Lesko, LLC
Email: SteveLisa at PatentIt.com
Direct: 480-442-0297

www.PatentIt.com

Scottsdale Office | P: 480.535.6656  |  F: 480.535.6628  |  A: 7689 East
Paradise Lane, Suite 2, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Chicago Office | P: 312.752.4357  |  F: 312.896.5633  |  A: 55 E. Monroe
Street, Suite 3800, Chicago, IL 60603

This email is intended only for the recipient above and may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you received this email in
error please destroy it and indicate such by return email to me. Thank you.

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021, 13:08 Larry Weston <lplugw at hotmail.com> wrote:

> We found this crack during tear down of 3406. One of eight,I’m sure more
> were to follow. [image: image1.jpeg]
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Sep 15, 2021, at 3:50 PM, Jack DeRyke via DeTomaso <
> detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:
>
>   That's the second oddball clutch failure I've heard of with Panteras.
>   One friend was driving sedately around town, and leaving a stoplight,
>   the engine suddenly revved to the moon. A tow truck ride home and
>   pulling the powertrain showed the weld that attaches the disc spline to
>   the main disc had sheared. You're just lucky is all, Steve!
>   Cheers- J DeRyke

-------------- next part --------------
   I am anxious to see what happened to ours.A  I will update as soon as
   we find out, with pics.
   Regards,A
   Steven G. Lisa, Esq.
   The Law Offices of Lisa & Lesko, LLC
   Email: SteveLisa at PatentIt.com
   Direct:A 480-442-0297
   [1]www.PatentIt.com
   Scottsdale OfficeA |A P:A 480.535.6656A  |A A F:A 480.535.6628A
   |A A A:A 7689 East Paradise Lane, Suite 2, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
   Chicago OfficeA |A P:A 312.752.4357A  |A A F:A 312.896.5633A
   |A A A:A 55 E. Monroe Street, Suite 3800, Chicago, IL 60603
   This email is intended only for the recipient above and may contain
   confidential and privileged information. If you received this email in
   error please destroy it and indicate such by return email to me. Thank
   you.

   On Wed, Sep 15, 2021, 13:08 Larry Weston <[2]lplugw at hotmail.com> wrote:

   We found this crack during tear down of 3406. One of eight,Iam sure
   more were to follow.A  image1.jpeg
   Sent from my iPhone
   On Sep 15, 2021, at 3:50 PM, Jack DeRyke via DeTomaso

   A A That's the second oddball clutch failure I've heard of with
   Panteras.
   A A One friend was driving sedately around town, and leaving a
   stoplight,
   A A the engine suddenly revved to the moon. A tow truck ride home and
   A A pulling the powertrain showed the weld that attaches the disc
   spline to
   A A the main disc had sheared. You're just lucky is all, Steve!
   A A Cheers- J DeRyke
   A A -----Original Message-----
   A A From: Asa Jay Laughton via DeTomaso
   <[4]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>
   A A To: Steve Lisa <[5]stevelisa at patentit.com>
   A A Cc: DeTomaso Mail List <[6]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>; Garth
   A A Rodericks <[7]garth_rodericks at yahoo.com>
   A A Sent: Wed, Sep 15, 2021 12:33 pm
   A A Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Update from Portland Race
   A A A A Hi Steve,
   A A A A If you were using the clutch I had in there when you bought the
   car,
   A A it
   A A A A was a McLeod 360505.A  Look at it starting on page 2 at the
   bottom and
   A A A A then more on page 3.
   A A [1][1][8]https://teampanteraracing.com/gallery3/asajay/pantera/clut
   ch?page
   A A =2
   A A A A Asa Jay
   A A A A Sent from my iPhone
   A A A A A A On Sep 15, 2021, at 11:24, Steve Lisa
   <[2][9]stevelisa at patentit.com>
   A A A A A A wrote:
   A A A A A A Thanks, all for the congrats. I hope to get the video up in
   the
   A A next
   A A A A A A few weeks.A A
   A A A A A A Also, for those asking for more information about the
   clutch
   A A A A type/model
   A A A A A A -- the Pantera is still in the trailer as it is basically
   still
   A A ready
   A A A A A A for the next event minus the clutch change.A A In the
   meantime, we
   A A are
   A A A A A A working on getting the Panoz ready for the Historic 24
   (complete
   A A A A A A rebuild) and testing.A A Once we get it out of the trailer
   and in
   A A the
   A A A A A A shop, I will let back to you with the clutch type.A A I am
   a bit
   A A A A A A embarrassed to say that I don't know what we have/had in
   there.A A
   A A A A A A For the guys up at the Silver State -- best of luck, and
   stay safe!
   A A A A A A Regards,A
   A A A A A A Steven G. Lisa, Esq.
   A A A A A A The Law Offices of Lisa & Lesko, LLC
   A A A A A A Email: [3][10]SteveLisa at PatentIt.comA
   A A A A A A Direct: 480-442-0297
   A A A A A A [1][11]www.PatentIt.com
   A A A A A A Scottsdale OfficeA |A P:A 480.535.6656A A |A A F:A
   480.535.6628A
   A A A A A A |A A A:A 7689 East Paradise Lane, Suite 2, Scottsdale, AZ
   85260
   A A A A A A Chicago OfficeA |A P: 312.752.4357A A |A A F: 312.896.5633A
   A |A A A:
   A A 55
   A A A A E.
   A A A A A A Monroe Street, Suite 3800, Chicago, IL 60603
   A A A A A A This email is intended only for the recipient above and may
   contain
   A A A A A A confidential and privileged information. If you received
   this email
   A A A A in
   A A A A A A error please destroy it and indicate such by return email
   to me.
   A A A A Thank
   A A A A A A you.
   A A A A A A On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 11:11 AM Garth Rodericks
   A A A A A A <[2][4][12]garth_rodericks at yahoo.com> wrote:
   A A A A A A Congrats on winning with the Winston Cup car, and sorry to
   hear
   A A about
   A A A A A A your clutch failure.A A But glad everyone, including the
   car, is ok!
   A A A A A A Can't wait to see the video of that rear wheel lockup and
   A A subsequent
   A A A A A A spin!A A No doubt some exciting footage!A A :)
   A A A A A A Cheers!
   A A A A A A Garth
   A A A A A A #4033
   A A A A References
   A A A A A A 1. [5][13]http://www.patentit.com/
   A A A A A A 2. mailto:[6][14]garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
   A A A A _______________________________________________
   A A A A Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA
   A A A A Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes
   A A A A DeTomaso mailing list
   A A A A [7][15]DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
   A A A A To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe,
   etc.)
   A A A A use the links above.
   A A A A Members who post to this list grant license to the list to
   forward
   A A any
   A A A A message posted here to all past, current, or future members of
   the
   A A A A list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an
   A A archive
   A A A A or approve the archiving of list messages.
   A A References
   A A A A 1.
   A A [9][17]https://teampanteraracing.com/gallery3/asajay/pantera/clutch
   ?page=2
   A A _______________________________________________
   A A Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA
   A A Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes
   A A DeTomaso mailing list
   A A [10][18]DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
   A A To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe,
   etc.)
   A A use the links above.
   A A Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward
   any
   A A message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the
   A A list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an
   archive
   A A or approve the archiving of list messages.
   References
   A A 1.
   [20]https://teampanteraracing.com/gallery3/asajay/pantera/clutch?page=2
   A A 2. [21]mailto:stevelisa at patentit.com
   A A 3. [22]mailto:SteveLisa at PatentIt.comA
   A A 4. [23]mailto:garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
   A A 5. [24]http://www.patentit.com/
   A A 6. [25]mailto:garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
   A A 7. [26]mailto:DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com