[DeTomaso] Update from Portland Race

Larry Weston lplugw at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 15 16:08:53 EDT 2021

We found this crack during tear down of 3406. One of eight,I’m sure more were to follow. [image1.jpeg]

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 15, 2021, at 3:50 PM, Jack DeRyke via DeTomaso <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com<mailto:detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>> wrote:

  That's the second oddball clutch failure I've heard of with Panteras.
  One friend was driving sedately around town, and leaving a stoplight,
  the engine suddenly revved to the moon. A tow truck ride home and
  pulling the powertrain showed the weld that attaches the disc spline to
  the main disc had sheared. You're just lucky is all, Steve!
  Cheers- J DeRyke