[DeTomaso] BaT No Sale at $135K for a Hall GT5-S Conversion

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 8 13:04:01 EDT 2021

There is a car for every buyer and buyer for every car, within which there will always be a 'Ken' or 'Barbie' that is blinded by the bling....

I think the point being made was that highly modified cars are often a reflection of the owner's taste, when it comes time to sell a potential buyer does not necessarily see value in all the modifications and thus such cars often sell for less than the owner's investment. For someone who wants a GT5-S as this was the benchmark would likely be a real GT5-S price discounted for the amount one feels the 'stock' late model car will appreciate over an early modified car. One could still argue adding partial steel flare sections is still a long way from what a real GT5-S is.

Julian