[DeTomaso] ram air

JFFR pantera at vtc.net
Thu Jul 29 08:11:26 EDT 2021

I have tested my cold air induction system and have proven that without
the sealed air box connected to the side air scoops, my inlet air
temperature was 40 to 50 degrees warmer. The testing was very easy to do
on my car because it is fuel injected and I have an on dash system
monitor that has an inlet air temperature reading, along with a lot of
other information.

Another member of this forum sent me a digital manometer and I tested my
system to determine how much actual ram air effect it had. The readings
were taken every ten miles per hour up to 120 miles per hour. The data
showed that there was a constant increase of air pressure in the air
box, however at 120 miles per hour it was less than one pound. I don't
know how much that small amount of increased pressure will have on
engine performance, so I will have to leave that up to the experts, but
my cold air inlet temperatures are absolutely accurate.