[DeTomaso] ram air

Rich Hoppe richbhoppe at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 18:50:09 EDT 2021

Just some info to pass on.
Hot rod magazine had an article on "does ram air work."
They go on to say with ram air you get a 1.2% increase in HP at 100mph,
2.7% at 150mph and 4.8% at 200mph.

They also go on to say that for every 10 degree temp drop going in the
engine will increase HP by 1%.
So if you can assume or measure the difference in engine compartment
temperature vers the air you can pull in from a side scoop you can estimate
the HP gain by using air outside the compartment.  My guess in Arizona it
could be 30-50 degrees.  That is a lot of HP gain.

Rich