[DeTomaso] ram air

Dave Londry davel at trguys.com
Thu Jul 29 13:15:01 EDT 2021

A very simple starting point for a non-boosted engine operating at low
altitude is:
Atmospheric pressure = 15 psi
1 psi of boost = 6.6 % increase over atmospheric pressure.
For an ideal engine that would be the amount of extra charge loaded into
the cylinders.
And so that would give a 6.6% power increase.
A real engine would never see that much increase because:
- induction losses increase
- exhaust losses increase
- and so on.

--