[DeTomaso] pushrod length

charlesmccall at gmail.com charlesmccall at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 22:12:05 EST 2021

Hi all

My motor is apart to fix an oil leak by changing the cam, installing a
stroker crank, new pistons, con-rods etc. I sure hope this fixes the oil
leak! The shop doing the work doesn't have a gauge-thing to measure the
desired pushrod length, and I shouldn't re-use the old ones as I now have
hydraulic roller lifters instead of solid lifters, a different cam, etc. Is
there any way to calculate correct pushrod length without this little tool?
Any suggestions? The shop is located in Spain and has assembled other
American V-8s if all the parts are provided.

Thank you!

Classification: Restricted