[DeTomaso] pushrod length

Jerry Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Tue Feb 16 22:19:24 EST 2021

Charles,

Being a red neck mechanic I have used a screen door brace turn buckle
and measured the distance between the turn buckle rod ends with a
vernier caliper.

YMMV,

jerry knotts

On 2/16/2021 9:12 PM, charlesmccall at gmail.com wrote:
>     Hi all
>
>     My motor is apart to fix an oil leak by changing the cam, installing a
>     stroker crank, new pistons, con-rods etc. I sure hope this fixes the
>     oil leak! The shop doing the work doesn't have a gauge-thing to measure
>     the desired pushrod length, and I shouldn't re-use the old ones as I
>     now have hydraulic roller lifters instead of solid lifters, a different
>     cam, etc. Is there any way to calculate correct pushrod length without
>     this little tool? Any suggestions? The shop is located in Spain and has
>     assembled other American V-8s if all the parts are provided.
>

>     Thank you!
>
>                           Classification: Restricted

   Charles,

   Being a red neck mechanic I have used a screen door brace turn buckle
   and measured the distance between the turn buckle rod ends with a
   vernier caliper.

   YMMV,

   jerry knotts

   My motor is apart to fix an oil leak by changing the cam, installing a
   stroker crank, new pistons, con-rods etc. I sure hope this fixes the
   oil leak! The shop doing the work doesn't have a gauge-thing to measure
   the desired pushrod length, and I shouldn't re-use the old ones as I
   now have hydraulic roller lifters instead of solid lifters, a different
   cam, etc. Is there any way to calculate correct pushrod length without
   this little tool? Any suggestions? The shop is located in Spain and has
   assembled other American V-8s if all the parts are provided.

   Thank you!

                         Classification: Restricted

nks above.

Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message p
osted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant
the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of lis
t messages.