[DeTomaso] Trivia question: Factory colors and years of production

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 20 11:09:12 EDT 2020

Just for fun… My current car, 6643, was painted twice before leaving the factory.  The car was first painted green,
then red.  That became obvious after the carpet and door panels were removed.  You can see red overspray on top of
the green with both colors under the factory sound deadener and undercoat.  They obviously cleaned and scuffed the green
on the outer surfaces because the red adhered well and looked fine.  The hidden areas like the tail light buckets didn’t
get that attention and you could blow the red paint off the smooth green using compressed air.  The double paint treatment
may have had benefits.  This is the most rust free Pantera I’ve ever seen.  The base of the windshield, rocker panels and door
jams were perfect shiny metal after stripping.   Just more fun facts from the DeTomaso world.

Michael