[DeTomaso] Trivia question: Factory colors and years of production

wlhpantera at aol.com wlhpantera at aol.com
Tue Oct 20 23:57:00 EDT 2020

Michael:  Interesting to hear about another color change at the factory.  My Pantera was painted blue & changed to orange while being built.  I have confirmed this throughout the car.  It was later changed to silver fifteen years before I purchased it.  Bill Harris 4297 In a message dated 10/20/2020 8:09:30 AM Pacific Standard Time, red3644 at hotmail.com writes:
  Just for fun... My current car, 6643, was painted twice before leaving  the factory.  The car was first painted green,   then red.  That became obvious after the carpet and door panels were  removed.  You can see red overspray on top of   the green with both colors under the factory sound deadener and  undercoat.  They obviously cleaned and scuffed the green   on the outer surfaces because the red adhered well and looked fine.  The hidden areas like the tail light buckets didn't   get that attention and you could blow the red paint off the smooth  green using compressed air.  The double paint treatment   may have had benefits.  This is the most rust free Pantera I've ever  seen.  The base of the windshield, rocker panels and door   jams were perfect shiny metal after stripping.  Just more fun facts  from the DeTomaso world.    Michael_______________________________________________

DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com