[DeTomaso] dyna mat

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Sun May 24 16:07:03 EDT 2020

But don't forget, you need the dynamat to cover the entire surface of the
roof in order to glue the headliner on without ridges.
Jeff
6559

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 2:32 PM Dave Londry <davel at trguys.com> wrote:

>    Our good buddy with the Mangusta (factory small-block chevy), Dick
>    Ruzzin, gave me a great lesson on placing sound deadening material.
>
>    The point is to locate the Dynamat at the nodes (places where the
>    vibration amplitide is greatest) and just enough of it to 'kill the
>    buzz'.
>    It all takes some messing around, like driving around with no door
>    panels installed and nothing on the inner roof.
>    And, the pressure of a one thumb in the right place will simply kill
>    one vibration mode.
>
>    I got the doors well with one 3"x 8" piece horizontally in the middle
>    of each door.
>    I needed to drive the car over to Detroit to have the master do the
>    roof, but that would be 2500 miles each way.
>    On my own I did get it well damped, with four 6" x  6" pieces spread in
>    a square, but I know he'd have used much less.
>    The roof had about 4 modes that I kept chasing around for several hours
>    until i just threw extra material at them.
>    Dave
>
>    On 2020-05-23 10:20 a.m., David wrote:
>
>    Mr. Finch,
>

>    As an experiment I used a "dyna mat" type product on the ceiling of my
>    hot rod truck when I had the headliner (a piece of card board) out.
>    Poo, can't find the video comparison . . . .
>

>    You don't need to cover every inch, just a piece across the roof, you
>    will be amazed. My old truck lives outside, the stuff never comes off.
>

>    David in Durango

> the li
> nks above.

> message p
> osted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also
> grant
> the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving
> of lis
> t messages.
>
> --
> Dave Londry
> TRGuys.com
>
> [3]davel at trguys.com
> Cell     604-721-2278
> Skype    embeddedspaces
>
> References
>
>    1. mailto:DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
>    3. mailto:davel at trguys.com

> the links above.

> the archiving of list messages.
   But don't forget, you need the dynamat to cover the entire surface of
   the roof in order to glue the headliner on without ridges.A

   Jeff

   6559

   On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 2:32 PM Dave Londry <[1]davel at trguys.com>