[DeTomaso] dyna mat

Dave Londry davel at trguys.com
Sun May 24 15:31:59 EDT 2020

Our good buddy with the Mangusta (factory small-block chevy), Dick
Ruzzin, gave me a great lesson on placing sound deadening material.

The point is to locate the Dynamat at the nodes (places where the
vibration amplitide is greatest) and just enough of it to 'kill the buzz'.
It all takes some messing around, like driving around with no door
panels installed and nothing on the inner roof.
And, the pressure of a one thumb in the right place will simply kill one
vibration mode.

I got the doors well with one 3"x 8" piece horizontally in the middle of
each door.
I needed to drive the car over to Detroit to have the master do the
roof, but that would be 2500 miles each way.
On my own I did get it well damped, with four 6" x  6" pieces spread in
a square, but I know he'd have used much less.
The roof had about 4 modes that I kept chasing around for several hours
until i just threw extra material at them.
Dave

--
Dave Londry
TRGuys.com

davel at trguys.com
Cell     604-721-2278
Skype    embeddedspaces

-------------- next part --------------
[...]

nks above.

Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message p
osted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant
the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of lis
t messages.

--
Dave Londry
TRGuys.com