[DeTomaso] Pantera Won't Start but has fuel, spark, good timing etc. Baffled and need Advice

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun May 17 01:23:45 EDT 2020

Mike,

Take a look at the wiring diagrams. Bill Taylor a great job breaking out the ignition start and ignition run circuits into separate diagrams.

It’s worth mentioning that you have an L model.

In the start position, the red wire from the switch leads to the starter relay, closing it. When the relay closes, battery cable power flows through it to the starter, and an orange wire from the relay powers the ignition system.

In the run position, a light blue wire from the switch powers the ignition system. This is the wire that isn’t getting power, I think.

Mike

Sent from my iPad