[DeTomaso] Secret writing on engine cover wings, paint question

Matt Wells nwpantera at gmail.com
Sun May 10 13:32:44 EDT 2020

When I painted my covers 20 years ago I recall using Krylon Krinkle coating.
I doubt it's is still named that today but the same product is still
available probably under a different name.
You would spray it on and as it dried it turned crinkly. I believe the
instructions said heat would facilitate this process.
So I put them in the oven. My wife didn't like that method so I would
recommend using a hair dryer or heat gun.
It still looks good after 20 years.