[DeTomaso] Dash Removal

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Mon May 4 16:32:19 EDT 2020

Not dash removal, but an idea which may save you from having to remove your dash...
When I replaced my heater blower fan motor I found that the squirrel cage fan blade have very little clearance to the housing they run in. It could be that with all the interior work, the heater box may have been shifted ever so slightly which could cause the fan to contact the housing.  That would stop them from starting without a minor tap.  With the power off, reach up in there and push on the fan to slide it further back into the housing if it's very close to the outside edge of the housing. It's worth a shot before pulling apart the whole dash!
Cheers!
Garth