[DeTomaso] tinker time

Matt Wells nwpantera at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 17:25:49 EDT 2020

You are a good friend Laurie and I applaud you. Not an easy time for
anybody much less a cancer patient. I wish her love, peace and contentment.
The second thought I had after reading your post was Virtual Reality.
I received an Oculus Go VR contraption for Christmas from my
millennial son-n-law.
I never would have bought one for myself as it is a product made for
Facebook and I try to stay as far away from FB as possible for reasons I
won't go into now.
But since it was a gift.....
My son-in-law already had his own unit so after some initial setup,
downloading the app called "Wander with friends" (I think it was a few
dollars) and syncing we were strolling on the beach in the same location!
He was showing me where they had vacationed in Mexico at a beach side
villa. Perhaps her husband is tech savvy and could help set it up on her
end.
Honestly it was a small hassle setting it up and I don't know if
that's practical for her situation maybe due to logistical challenges or
cost but it is possible.
Once it is setup you can travel the world! It's based on Google street view
but is in 3D and gives you a real sense of being there. I almost felt like
an intruder at times!
It does tend to wear on my old eyes after a certain time so a break is in
order now and then and maybe a recharge on the batteries.
I don't know but I thought if there was ever a good use for our techy
tools, this would be it :-)

Thoughts and prayers to all,
Matt

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 10:00 AM Laurie Ferrari via DeTomaso <