[DeTomaso] tinker time

laurieferrari at aol.com laurieferrari at aol.com
Mon Mar 23 13:00:17 EDT 2020

Beautiful job on your benches Mike!
Tinker time for me:I'm attempting to making a virtual trip to France for a dear friend, not aged by any means, has her doctorate, co-worker for years back in the 80's. So sadly was diagnosed last year w/ lung cancer, had surgery and now it has traveled to her brain.  She was given a very short time even with chemo and radiation.  She told me she always had the dream of going to Europe, especially France (as do I) and couple weeks ago was telling me she and her husband were going to do this trip. Now with this travel ban, she can't.  So I'm figuring out how to make us a virtual trip that we can watch together via phone.  I'm using the DVD "Beautiful France" from the film series, "Best of Europe,"  it is an amazing DVD.  I've had it a long time and have another for her.  It's narrated by Rudy Maxa and filled with amazing historical facts along with all the incredible scenery.  We'll be going to Burgandy, Loire Valley, Champagne, Bordeaux and Dordogne, Carcassonne and the Pyrenees.  Hope it brings a wee bit of joy, but not easy at such a time.  I should actually use some of Charles McCall and Amaya's great pictures and stories and all those beautiful castles where they've stayed.
Laurie  : (