[DeTomaso] Installing Edelbrock Carb

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Tue Jul 28 15:39:45 EDT 2020

Thinking back 40 years, Fred, the Edelbrock carb is a redesigned Carter 4bbl which as I remember was an amalgam of Rochester and the very early Holley that was not at all the same design as what we (mostly) love today. I have no experience with Carter/Edelbrocks beyond using one (of a pair) from a Chrysler 300 on my flathead Ford in high school. I know a few people use them on Panteras but in what state of tune, I don't know. Suggest buying a tuner book before you make the investment in the carb. Or call Edelbrock's tech line. They may try to convince you to go throttle body EFI.... Good luck.
J DeRyke

I'm thinking of installing an Edelbrock Performer carb on the Pantera.  I'm tired of Holly.  The currently installed Holly has the throttle cable attaching about 1-3/8" down below the throttle shaft.  From the Edelbrock  photos it appears their carb does not have much of a throttle linkage plate below the throttle shaft centerline on which to attach the forward running throttle cable.
I'm sure I'm not the first to do this installation.  Any one have a comment or recommendation on throttle cable hook-up?
Thanks,

   use the links above.