[DeTomaso] Installing Edelbrock Carb

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 16:19:20 EDT 2020

Hi Fred,

My car had an Edelbrock carburetor when I bought the car.

The carburetor was brand new, but I still replaced it.  I think it was my first mod.  I'm sure it's a great carburetor, but I just prefer Holleys.

I currently have a Holley Ultra HP 750 (which is awesome by the way).  It has the same issue with the throttle cable as the Edelbrock.  To get everything lined up, I made a bracket out of sheet aluminum.

You drill 2 holes to attach the bracket to the carburetor, plus one for the cable ball/stud.  It took 25 minutes with a hunk of aluminum, a drill, and a Dremel.  Really easy.

Will.