[DeTomaso] Installing Edelbrock Carb

Fred Foreman fred4man at att.net
Tue Jul 28 14:58:03 EDT 2020

I'm thinking of installing an Edelbrock Performer carb on the Pantera.  I'm tired of Holly.  The currently installed Holly has the throttle cable attaching about 1-3/8" down below the throttle shaft.  From the Edelbrock  photos it appears their carb does not have much of a throttle linkage plate below the throttle shaft centerline on which to attach the forward running throttle cable.
I'm sure I'm not the first to do this installation.  Any one have a comment or recommendation on throttle cable hook-up?
Thanks,
Fred Foreman