[DeTomaso] CV half shaft conversion - opinions

Scott Bell scott at saccrestorations.net
Mon Feb 24 16:18:30 EST 2020

We actually have TWO ZF output shafts available. One that is a long version
and one that is a short version. The short version put the flange in the
EXACT same spot as a stock output shaft so you would need a longer axle as
most people have already pointed out. For folks that do not want to loose
the investment that they have already purchased with an adaptor style kit,
we also have a longer version of the output shaft that will work with
shorter axles.

BUT, to be honest, the slight difference in axle length doesn't really make
any difference in the real world. Everyone talks about theory but many
people don't talk about the real world. The axle length doesn't really make
much difference since the axle runs almost completely horizontal in the real
world. Both lengths will work equally well.

Scott