[DeTomaso] Front Bumper Tweak

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Thu Jun 20 17:30:44 EDT 2019

FWIW, I agree with Julian- to get the chrome plated steel bumper hot enough to work the steel, you'll blue or destroy the original plating, So now you;ll need to find a plating shop that won't lose your reworked part. This will add to the complication & expense of doing this. Instead, I would take the bumper to an old time body shop and ask if their best body man can hammer-and-dolly the piece to your specs. Be prepared to visit several shops- many today are only bondo-shops and you won't find a body dolly anywhere around them.