[DeTomaso] Front Bumper Tweak

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 20 18:07:02 EDT 2019

 Hi Jack,
It's been repaired from past damage and isn't a good candidate for chrome, and it's painted black.
Ken

    On Thursday, June 20, 2019, 2:31:16 PM PDT, Jack DeRyke via DeTomaso <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:

   FWIW, I agree with Julian- to get the chrome plated steel bumper hot
  enough to work the steel, you'll blue or destroy the original plating,
  So now you;ll need to find a plating shop that won't lose your reworked
  part. This will add to the complication & expense of doing this.
  Instead, I would take the bumper to an old time body shop and ask if
  their best body man can hammer-and-dolly the piece to your specs. Be
  prepared to visit several shops- many today are only bondo-shops and
  you won't find a body dolly anywhere around them.