[DeTomaso] Techno Question: deck struts/lifts

Larry Stock larrys at panteraparts.com
Sun Jan 13 13:38:25 EST 2019

Jack is correct in what he has to say. The factory rating for the rear
deck lid shock is 90 pounds initially at full extension on the scale as
jack has described, as soon as it starts compressing the scale reading
will drop significantly. The stock deck lid with minimal paint will stay
up at about 83 pounds force in both shocks. If typically the lower shock
mount has broken off and was re-welded in a higher location, the shock
will not extend to its fully extended position and thus will not reach its
full pressure until it does, which in itself, will not hold up a stock
DeckLid with new shocks.
Larry Stock

On 1/13/19, 12:24 AM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Jack DeRyke via DeTomaso"
<detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of