[DeTomaso] Fluidyne Radiator Shroud

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 20 11:47:38 EST 2019

Corey,

I used similar 2500 cfm shrouded Flex-a-lite sucker fans ~$325 and fabricated two simple hook over brackets for the top and bottom of the radiator. I also fabricated stand offs for the radiator to shroud and the rubber sealing strip now stands off the radiator a little to get the optimal 3/4 inch fan blade clearance as bolted straight on the fans were too close to the core. I would not recommend using the through core ties that Flex-a-lite supply, they simply wear through and create leaks in a non repairable radiator.

Johnny Woods in the UK discovered the shroud is a restriction at sustained 150mph autobahn runs and ended up cutting flaps into the shroud that can open with air flow at speed.

I have a single programmable t-stat switching both fans, I never saw the point of having one fan only come on, either it needs the air movement to cool or it doesn't, the two fans just run shorter periods than a single.

Julian